The past few weeks, the 300m has been overheating. I put a few liters of water in it and would get another day. Today, it decided to fight back against my water treatments and pissed out four liters of water in two miles of driving.
The car no longer stalls randomly, although to be honest, I’m not sure what fixed the problem. I ended up replacing the crank and cam sensor, cleaning the throttle body, replacing two oxygen sensors, changing the spark plugs, the ignition coils, the ball joints (which had nothing to do with the issue, I had them in the garage) and even threw a bottle of SeaFoam in the gas tank.
I went this morning to take my entrance exams for college and noticed the issue driving home. It was so bad, the water I filled the tank with was gone by the time I hit 696.
I called everyone I know who can help with cars and no one was available, so my good friend Jack drove me to AutoZone where I picked up a new water pump and timing belt.
I know more about the inner workings of this stupid car than I do about my own body.
To get to the timing belt and water pump, I had to take the front end apart, remove the fans from the radiator and pull the front facia of the engine off where the old parts are located. The old water pump was warped, with the inner O-ring missing from the engine.
It took 5 hours or so, but my brother in law Steve helped get his knuckles bloody as well helping out.
I never want to see another 300m as long as I live.
I hope this fixes it, and I’m going to eat pizza and take something for this migraine.